Here in this article, we have got you an extensive list of 93 healthy and nutritious vegetables that are a powerhouse of vital nutrients. Indian vegetables also make a part of this list that will convince you to add them in your daily diet.
Which vegetables are from India?
Meet 10 Indian vegetables that are powerhouses of health!
- Ladyfinger/Okra/Bhindi: Low in sodium and containing zero cholestrol, a 100 grams of this super veggie contains only 30 calories. …
- Cauliflower/Gobhi: …
- Bitter gourd/Karela: …
- French Beans: …
- Cabbage/Patta gobhi: …
- Ridge gourd/Turai: …
- Spinach/Palak: …
Which is the No 1 vegetable in India?
The main vegetable crops grown in the country, which accounts for 11.2% of global vegetable production are onion, potato, tomato, brinjal, cauliflower, cabbage, peas and okra.
Email this article to a friend.
What are 20 types of vegetables?
Types of Vegetables
|Broccoli Rabe||Brussels Sprouts||Butternut Squash|
|Chives||Collard Greens||Crookneck Squash|
How many vegetable do we have?
A recent study by Bioversity International scientists in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations revealed that a total 1,097 vegetable species, with a great variety of uses and growth forms, are cultivated worldwide.
What are Indian origin vegetables?
|Coriander||Dhaniya||Mentioned in ancient Egypt|
Which vegetables are not Indian?
Three Most Consumed Non-Native Vegetables in India
- Potato. The most popular among vegetables, potato, has its root in South America. …
- Tomato. This flavorful, tangiest delight first originated in western South America and Central America. …
- Chili pepper. Most people mistake Chili pepper to have originated from India.
What are the 10 best vegetables?
This article takes a look at 14 of the healthiest vegetables and why you should include them in your diet.
- Spinach. This leafy green tops the chart as one of the healthiest vegetables, thanks to its impressive nutrient profile. …
- Carrots. …
- Broccoli. …
- Garlic. …
- Brussels Sprouts. …
- Kale. …
- Green Peas. …
- Swiss Chard.
Which country is largest producer of vegetables?
Leading producers of fresh vegetables worldwide in 2019 (in million metric tons)
|Characteristic||Production in million metric tons|
|United States of America||29.99|
Who is the largest producer of vegetables in India?
During the fiscal year 2018, Uttar Pradesh produced the largest share of vegetables in India, accounting for 15.4 percent. West Bengal came in second that year at 15 percent.
Who is the king of vegetables?
Within the brinjal, the beautifully rich and glossy purple layer and the meaty yet high nutritional white allowed it to earn the title of the King of Vegetables. Brinjal is a member of the nightshade, which means that the fruit along with the flower of the plant is edible.
What are 30 vegetables?
So here, ranked, are the top 30 most nutrient-dense vegetables you can eat.
- Cooked Kale. Pixabay. ANDI Score: 1000/1000. …
- Watercress. Pixabay. ANDI Score: 1000/1000. …
- Collard, Mustard & Turnip Greens. Pixabay. ANDI Score: 1000/1000. …
- Swiss Chard. Pixabay. …
- Bok Choy. Pixabay. …
- Napa Cabbage. Pixabay. …
- Cooked Spinach. Pixabay. …
- Arugula. Pixabay.
What are the 4 main types of vegetables?
There are many types of vegetables, but four of the main, or most common, types are root vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, greens, and nightshades….
What are the 8 types of vegetables?
Types of vegetables
- Leafy green – lettuce, spinach and silverbeet.
- Cruciferous – cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
- Marrow – pumpkin, cucumber and zucchini.
- Root – potato, sweet potato and yam.
- Edible plant stem – celery and asparagus.
- Allium – onion, garlic and shallot.
What is a true vegetable?
A vegetable is the edible portion of a plant. Vegetables are usually grouped according to the portion of the plant that is eaten such as leaves (lettuce), stem (celery), roots (carrot), tubers (potato), bulbs (onion) and flowers (broccoli). … So a tomato is botanically a fruit but is commonly considered a vegetable.