Varanasi. Varanasi is one of the most beautiful, historical and spiritual cities in northern India.
Which is the best state to visit in North India?
Here is the list of 48 Top Places to Visit in North India
- Agra, Uttar Pradesh – The City of the Taj Mahal. …
- Auli, Uttarakhand – The Skiing Destination of India. …
- Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir. …
- Amritsar, Punjab – Gateway to Punjab – home to Golden Temple. …
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh – Lover’s Paradise – India’s Honeymoon capital.
Which is the No 1 place in India?
|Rank||City||State or union territory|
Which is known as beautiful city of India?
If you want an answer to the question – which city is known as the beautiful city of India, Jaipur occupies a prime position on the list.
Was the most important city in north India?
What is famous in North India?
The Best Places to Visit in North India
- Delhi. Natural Feature. …
- Agra. Historical Landmark. …
- Varanasi. Historical Landmark, Architectural Landmark. …
- Amritsar. Architectural Landmark, Historical Landmark. …
- Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Srinagar, Kashmir. Historical Landmark. …
- Haridwar and Rishikesh. Natural Feature. …
- Parvati Valley. …
Which place is best to visit in August in North India?
1. Rishikesh. Sitting pretty on the northern frontier of the Himalayas is Rishikesh; a holy city that thrives by the banks of the Ganges. There are quite a few religious places and plenty of adventurous activities that make Rishikesh an ideal holiday destination in North India in August.
Which is the coldest place in India?
Dras – The Coldest Place in India
Dras is a lonely town in the infamous Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The gateway to Ladakh’. Dras is the coldest place in India and often touted as second to the coldest place inhabited on Earth.
Which is the No 2 tourist place in India?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in India
- The Taj Mahal, Agra. The Taj Mahal, Agra. …
- The Holy City of Varanasi. The Holy City of Varanasi. …
- Harmandir Sahib: The Golden Temple of Amritsar. …
- The Golden City: Jaisalmer. …
- The Red Fort, New Delhi. …
- Mumbai: The Gateway of India. …
- Mecca Masjid, Hyderabad. …
- Amer Fort, Jaipur.
What is famous food in India?
If there’s one Indian drink that goes with everything (except dessert) it’s masala chai. The king of all street foods in India, samosa is a must-have every day of the year. Soft, fluffy and easy-to-stuff, North Indian kulchas are made to delight us.
Which is richest city in India?
Mumbai, the Financial Capital of India, is the richest city in the country with a GDP of $310 billion.
Which is cleanest city in India?
In a survey by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry, Indore came out on the top as the Cleanest City in India. While the state of Chhattisgarh got the award for the cleanest state, Varanasi has been declared as the Cleanest Ganga Town.
Which is golden city in India?
Jaisalmer means the Hill Fort of Jaisal. Jaisalmer is sometimes called the “Golden City of India” because the yellow sandstone used throughout the architecture of both the fort and the town below, imbues both with a certain golden-yellow light.
Which is the north most state of India?
Jammu and Kashmir is situated in the northernmost part of India.
Jammu and Kashmir Facts.
What is the capital of India?
New Delhi, national capital of India. It is situated in the north-central part of the country on the west bank of the Yamuna River, adjacent to and just south of Delhi city (Old Delhi) and within the Delhi national capital territory.
Which is the biggest city in South India?
List of South Indian cities by population